Saturday 3 October 2015

Zen Noodle Bar, Chelmsford

The other night I was in Chelmsford centre and my companion and I felt the worms biting. As I have moaned about before, Chelmsford is a fairly wealthy place but the centre is a culinary dead spot. Whenever I am caught hungry in Chelmsford, Zen Noodle Bar comes to the rescue. The menu is fairly standard fare, with three specials up on the blackboards: this place is not going to win any Michelin stars. However, I do not go there for a Heston Blumenthal-esque culinary extravanganza (seriously, I know someone who went to a fancy Oriental restaurant in Chelmsford and their scallops were served with strawberries...).

I go there because I know what is on the menu,
I know I will like it.
The staff are courteous without being overbearing.
Service is lightning quick.
The coffee is decent- some restaurants struggle to understand coffee
The toilets are clean.

We shared duck spring rolls, he had barbeque roast pork, I had "kon chow" beef ho fun.

Job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment